In December 2010, CPPP, in partnership with RAISE Texas, launched OpportunityTexas, a campaign to fuel economic mobility for lower income Texans through education, savings and financial capability. OpportunityTexas works in partnership with regional service providers, college access groups, higher education, philanthropy, the public sector, financial institutions, and employers to expand economic opportunity and integrate financial education and asset building into existing and emerging statewide platforms.
WHAT WE DO
- Engage local communities and stakeholders to evaluate community needs and design regional solutions to improve financial stability for Texas working families.
- Pursue policy changes to expand economic opportunity in the areas of skills development, labor markets, household savings, high school and college completion, K-16 financial education, and consumer credit.
- Provide seed capital to support innovative and proven asset building tools with the potential to scale.
- Implement and oversee statewide savings and financial education initiatives with local impact.
- Design and advance state policies that improve family financial stability and financial preparation for postsecondary education.
- Enable state policy input & advocacy from regional and statewide organizations, and facilitate their engagement with policymakers.
- Establish unique and local measures for Financial Stability & Economic Mobility through the Texas Regional Opportunity Index (TROI) platform.
- Share best practices and innovations with regional, statewide, and national stakeholders.